Wednesday 12 April 2017

Woodware Special Bird birthday card


Hello everyone,

Well, after a weekend of wonderful warm sunshine it finally feels like spring is here. The garden is springing into life and Easter is almost here, so the thought of sunshine and chocolate makes me happy. The icing on the cake is that we also have another challenge starting over at Addicted to Stamps and More, and this time it is Make Your Mark!

 

I decided to ink up a new stamp from my NBUS mountain because it reminds me of spring, and I came up with this card:-



1) Take some white card and stamp the Woodware Special Bird stamp with black versafine ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Repeat. 

2) Colour both images with alcohol markers and then cut out one whole image and the wing and leaves from the second. Shape the wing and leaves, and stick them to the image with some glue gel to give dimension. Coat the flower petals and bird tail with Spectrum Noir Glitter brush pen.

3) Dry emboss a panel of card with the Crafter's Companion Bubbles embossing folder and cut it in half before inking the edges with some blue ink.

4) Take a panel of blue card and white emboss the happy birthday greeting from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler. Use a scoreboard to create a couple of scored lines on either side of the greeting to frame it.

5) Layer everything up and raise the bird image on fun foam.



If you pop over to the ATSM blog, you will find lots of inspiration from the team, and you can link your cards up there.

I'd like to play along with





24 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Carol, a sweet image and beautifully coloured.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Nandini said...

I love this! It is so very pretty.

Carole said...

Love your card...fab design...fab colouring!

Glenda Atkins said...

The first thing I did when I viewed this card was smile! It is a wonderful fun card with a fabulous image, thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!
Happy Crafting
Glenda DT

Barb said...

It's a really beautiful card Carol and your colouring is lovely. Barbxx

Cara said...

Beautiful card, must dust my stamp off and use it again. Love the way you decoupaged it. Cara x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well, if this does not make someone smile, I don't know what would. I love it and the first thing I did was smile when I saw it. It is such a cheery image and so perfect for this time of year too. I really like that image so I might have to do some research on it.

crafty said...

A very pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary

Sarah said...

A super card Carol, those Woodward birds are so lovely and I love how you have layered this one xx

Glittertastic said...

This really caught my eye on Crafty Cardmakers - love that stamp! x

Sharon
http://glittertastic.blogspot.co.uk/

Monika Reeck said...

the scoring on your sentiment area is great idea
and the Bird ooh so so cuuutee
Love this Image dear Carol
and the coloring so adorable too
Awesome card my teammate
see you soon on my DT card miss lady
hugs
Monika

Ros Crawford said...

Fun and fabulous Carol!! Happy Easter to you and yours!

Julie B said...

Fab card Carol, love the stamp and the way you've laid out the design.
Have you got your ticket to PS yet? :)

cm said...

Such a lovely card to herald the arrival of Spring! Whimsically wonderful in every way! The PS sentiment is perfect for the image! Spring is not coming quickly here...snowing today!
~carol

Darnell said...

I love your whimsical doodled card, Carol, so expertly colored and showcased!! I do hope your lovely weather is continuing and you enjoy the holiday weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Love your card, Carol! Fabulous design with gorgeous color coordination.

Shauna said...

Fantastic card! I love your layered images and the fun, modern feel of the image. That bird is so cute! Great split in the embossing for the sentiment. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Pam Sparks said...

I love this Carol! Super cute and fab coloring!

ar719 said...

Love this card! Where can I find the stamp to purchase it?

Inkyfingers said...

You can find the stamp here
http://mycrafttoyou.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2817
but I believe there are other stockists:)

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful.
I love the embossed background...which I never seem to do, but should.
Your colouring is perfect

Camille Short said...

This card is just beautiful!

Nora Noll said...

What a FUN IMAGE!! I love the way you colored it in. The embossing on the background looks awesome!!

Daria said...

Thank you for sharing this fun and beautiful card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...